Welcome to the En-compass project!
En-compass Project 2010 - 2015
The en-compass project was funded by the European Union to promote the management and the safeguarding of cultural and heritage resources internationally, with special emphasis in the four participating countries: Kenya (and Anglophone Africa); Guyana; UK; and Hainan Province in China.
The project celebrates its final phase with the launch of the Travelling Exhibition in Mombasa (Kenya) led by CHDA in September 2014.
During its lifetime the en-compass project has successfully implemented the following key activities:
We hope you enjoy using this website as a practical resource for the En-compass project. Regular news updates and a comprehensive discussion forum can be found within the Members area of the website.
- International facilitation and public presentations and linkages with similar projects;
- A series of two week in-country training workshops in Kenya, Hainan Province and Guyana;
- The continued development and expansion of online databases;
- In-country scoping workshops;
- The curation of a Travelling Exhibition;
- The completion of 8 international MA studentships in Heritage Studies at Newcastle University.